I/9 (5.5 mm) and J/10 (6.0 mm) crochet hooks, yarn needle, scissors
Red Heart With Love worsted weight yarn (7 oz/390 yds): ½ skein #1401 Pewter (A) and small amount of #1704 Bubblegum (B)
11.5” (12.5”) wide x 8” (9”) tall
12 dc and 7.5 rows = 4”
ch - chain, sc - single crochet, hdc - half double crochet, dc - double crochet, tr - treble crochet, sl st - slip stitch, st(s) - stitch(es)
- The ch-1 at the beginning of each row does not count as a stitch.
- Join each round to the top of the 1st stitch worked.
Cowl: Written as Child (Adult)
With J hook and A, ch 69 (75); being careful not to twist, join with sl st to 1st ch to form circle.
Round 1: Ch 1, dc in each ch around, join—69 (75) dc.
Round 2: Ch 1, *dc in next 2 dc, ch 1, skip 1; repeat from * around, join—69 (75) sts.
Round 3: Ch 1, dc in each dc and ch-1 space around, join—69 (75) dc.
Rounds 4-11 (15): Repeat Rounds 2 and 3. Fasten off A.
Trim: With B, join yarn at back seam. Ch 1, hdc in each st around, join and fasten off—69 (75) hdc.
Repeat Trim on opposite side of starting chain.
- Make a longer cowl by increasing the starting chain in multiples of 3.
- Make a slouchier cowl by repeating Rounds 2 and 3 for a few extra inches.
- Other yarns that work well: Knit Picks Brava, Vanna’s Choice, I Love This Yarn, Caron Simply Soft Party, Lion Brand Cotton
- Use self-striping or variegated yarns for an extra colorful cowl.
- Crochet the matching Angie Hat (CLICK HERE).
© 2014 Danyel Pink aka Danyel Pink Designs. All Rights Reserved. Professional Photos © Aspin Photography.
This design, the pattern, and the images are property of Danyel Pink Designs. The buyer may use this pattern for personal use and charity. Sales of the finished items are also permitted with credit given to Danyel Pink. No part of this document may be reproduced, altered, or distributed in any form, or by any means, without express written permission from Danyel Pink.