I accidentally made these tasty morsels... I never have all the ingredients I need to follow directions, so I made some substitutions to the "normal" oatmeal raisin cookie recipe to come up with these Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies... If you like soft cookies, you'll like these! Yum!!
1/2 lb (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups SELF RISING flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
3 cups quick oats
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat together margarine and sugars until creamy.
3. Add eggs & vanilla. Beat well.
4. Add in flour, baking soda, cinnamon & salt. Mix well.
5. Stir in oats and chips. Mix well.
6. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
8. Let rest for 2-3 minutes & remove from cookie sheet.
Makes about 2-3 dozen. Cookies should be soft, almost cake-like. You can substitute raisins, chocolate chips, craisins, or any other sweet goody you have in your pantry.